WAX IS FAR FROM DEAD.
We actually happen to love wax. So much that it was our goal to make a wax that’s completely fortified using silica (SiO2) ingredients rather than carnauba wax. By doing this detailers can benefit from the superior protective properties of silica which far outlasts carnauba wax. How? Silica isn’t vulnerable to heat and detergents like a carnauba wax so it will always protect your paint longer! What’s really cool is this stuff can be applied in direct sun and sets up perfectly making it the ultimate wax for those dealing with the elements. Your ride will look Cherry, guaranteed.
How do you apply?
- By hand using a microfiber towel.
- Dual Action polisher with ANY soft foam polishing or finishing pad.
How do you maintain?
If you have used Cherry silica wax as stand alone protection always wash using our Shift Soap.
- If you have used Cherry silica wax as a topper to ceramic coating always wash using our Shift Soap.
- Use our Clutch silica spray every other month or as much as you'd like (you can't overdo it) to boost hydrophobic properties.
- Use our Throttle detail spray on the layer of Cherry silica wax.
- If applying in direct sun only apply to (2) panels and then wipe off.
- If applying indoors or shade, apply to the entire vehicle and then remove.
- Use Throttle detail spray to remove any stubborn residue.
- Use Cherry as stand alone protection, ceramic coating topper or pair with our Burn Out reconditioning cream OR Slick Back Primer Polish for the ultimate silica based combo.
Q - What is the proper use of Cherry?
A- Cherry can be used as stand alone protection OR it can be applied on top of our Burn Out reconditioning cream or Slick Back Primer Polish for an amazing silica based combo OR it can be used as a ceramic coating topper when performing maintenance on a ceramic coated vehicle.
Q - How much would I use per car?
A - Maximum of 2 oz per vehicle. This bottle will easily do 6 mid-size vehicles.
Q - Why does it cost more than regular wax?
A - The cost is strictly due to the amount of silica and inorganic chemistry used in this unique blend. These materials are more expensive than the raw materials that make up traditional waxes and sealants.
Q - How long does it last?
A - You can expect at least 6 months protection from a layer of Cherry silica wax with proper maintenance. Boost the layer of silica wax with our Clutch silica spray every 2 months to maintain maximum hydrophobic capabilities.
Q - How much silica does it have?
A - Cherry contains almost 30% silica.
Q - Why would I use this over regular wax?
A - Cherry is MORE hydrophobic, slicker and WILL NOT break down with heat and surface temperature. May be applied in the direct sun.
Q - Is Cherry safe to use on gel coat (boats)?
A - Although Cherry is safe for gel coat we recommend using our Daddy-O paint sealant. We have found Daddy-O bonds much better and lasts longer on gel coat surfaces.